Getting to the Root of the Issue
Persistent pain, sensitivity, or discolouration are all signs you may need to visit your dentist for a root canal. A root canal can save your tooth, helping you maintain your natural smile and allow you to keep enjoying the foods you love.
Knowing you need a root canal may feel daunting, but to help ease your anxiety, our team will treat you with respect and kindness while answering any questions you may have about the procedure. With the help of modern technology, a root canal is similar to getting a deep filling.
Visit us for comfortable, compassionate dental care.Book Appointment
The Root Canal Process
When the soft tissue on the inside of your tooth, known as pulp, becomes infected or inflamed, a root canal is an effective treatment to restore and save your natural tooth. The pulp is made up of nerves, connective tissue, and blood vessels that help the tooth grow and stay healthy.
The root canal process consists of:
- Local anesthetic with be administered to the treatment area
- Your dentist will create a small opening at the top of your tooth to remove the damaged pulp
- The cleaned out tooth canals will be cleaned and disinfected
- Your tooth will be filled and sealed
Signs You Might Need a Root Canal
Visiting your dentist for an in-depth exam is the only way to determine if you need a root canal. If you’re experiencing the following symptoms, you should schedule an appointment for an assessment of your oral health:
- Pain that doesn’t seem to dissipate
- Tooth sensitivity to hot or cold
- Swollen gums
- A chip or crack in your tooth
- A tooth that has loosened
Restore Your Smile
Smile big, smile bright, and smile pain-free!
Visit our trusted dental team for a dental exam to help maintain the health of your teeth and gums. We can help restore your natural teeth, giving you more reasons to show off your smile. Schedule your next appointment today.Book Appointment
- City Centre 3 13761 96 Ave Suit 608
- Surrey, B.C V3V 0E8
- Monday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Tuesday: 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Wednesday: 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Thursday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Friday: 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Saturday: 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Sunday: Closed